Acropolis-village, dominated by a Renaissance castle raised in its centre. Cliffside arranged houses, sloping narrow streets with paved stones, steps, small places with their own fountains, private hotels, there is a special mineral atmosphere with the local stone.
• The Castel
Rebuilt in 1525, dated in 1031.
• The Bories Village
A group of small buildings with round shapes for local farming.
• The Cistercian Abbey of Sénanque
Monastory still living and founded in 1148.
• The Saint-Firmin Palace and its troglodyte rooms
• Le moulin des bouillons
Gallo-Roman site explaining the history of the olive oil and the local Marseille’s soap
• The Summer Festival
• The History Museum of the glass and stained-glass
• The amazing view over Gordes from the parking « Rocher Bel Air » (leaving Coustellet on the right)
• Many arts and pottery galleries to discover
• Weekly market in Gordes on Tuesdays from 8.00am to 1.00pm and in August, the wine Festival (Wine of the Ventoux)
• Evening parties during the Summer Festival in Gordes from the 3rd to 13th of August
Hiking in Gordes
The Gorges of the Véroncle : old water-mill vestiges using water from the Véroncle before the earthquake in 1909.
Memoral paths of the Maquis from Gordes 1942-1944. www.cheminsdeparc.pnrpaca.org
On Thursdays in July/August: a free concert and an aperitive offered in the village
COUSTELLET / MAUBEC
ISLE SUR LA SORGUE
FONTAINE DE VAUCLUSE
Other attractions not to be missed….
• Le Thor
• Oppede le Vieux